First impressions of the M&F assignments

I'm very excited by the core course assignments! I haven't had the opportunity to write creatively in a really long time, and I'm really looking forward to dusting off my creative brain and writing stories. As a kid, I loved reading Aesop's Fables, as well as folklore from Uganda and Kenya, where my parents and sister lived for a while. I also really look forward to reading others' stories.

Family photo of my sister (left) with three of her preschool classmates in Kampala, Uganda, in 1993.

I'm also very intrigued by the extra credit assignments. I'm particularly interested in the tech tips, Wikipedia trails, and growth mindset topics. I'm the assistant design editor at The Daily, and I'm still working on building up and blending my creative and my technical skills. Learning about technology in multiple realms will help me not only in this job, but other jobs, as well.

The Wikipedia trail sounds fun, too — there was a trend when I was in high school where you went down the Wikipedia rabbit hole until you landed on the page about Hitler. It usually only took about three clicks, even if you originally searched something completed unrelated!

I think learning about the growth mindset will be important for me, too. While I won't be going directly into a "helping" profession, I hope to work for a government agency or nonprofit that works closely with the education or mental health fields.

Bonus family photo of my sister in Kampala, Uganda, in 1994, because this is her favorite photo of herself in Africa and asked me to include it.

Comments

Popular Posts