First impressions of M&F technology

I am really excited to explore the technological landscape we will be using in this class! I'm familiar with all of the platforms listed, but it's been a long time since I've created a website, so I'm looking forward to having a refresher on that. I was especially delighted to see that we may be using Twine, because I have used that platform to create a list of mental health resources in Norman. I'm currently working on another resource for The Daily using Twine, too. I am very interested to see how I can use Twine to tell stories.

Screenshot of the title page of the mental health resource list I created for The Daily with Twine. (Source: The OU Daily projects site)

I've never had a class that explicitly focused on web skills as part of the curriculum. I have learned to use several programs in the course of my college career, including SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and Qualtrics, but this is the first time that technological skills were a part of learning in an online class. I'm looking forward to develop my skills with web technology, as most of my skills are related to programs.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh: that was you, Emily! HOW EXCITING! Twine... and with Hypothes.is too. I remember when this came out and thinking, wow! And now I know it is your work.
    I am such a fan of the whole Hypothesis crew, and I would use it for these classes if I did not feel like I was already overwhelming people with stuff.
    Did you know Dana at the Daily? She did a Twine story for this class: Tragedy in Cate Center... I just checked, and it's still online, yay!
    Anyway, this is really exciting; any and all techno-story experiments are welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dana is one of my closest friends! Such a talented person. She also created a resource for survivors of sexual assault using Twine: http://projects.oudaily.com/finding-help/

      Delete
    2. YES! Getting to know Dana in this class was such a pleasure; that was a pretty intense time on campus and she was working on some heavy-duty projects, while using the project in this class for some fun and relaxed, and also very creative, storytelling. I hope you will find some good ways to make this class useful to you; it sounds like you will! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts