Wikipedia trail: From the muses to Megara

I started my Wikipedia trail by searching for "the muses" because I'm interested in researching them for my possible storybook. The page included the names of the nine muses: Calliope, Melpomene, Thalia, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, and Urania. I clicked on Calliope, because when I was in high school I read a book called Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. I loved the book, and I hoped Calliope's page would make reference to the book.
Detail of Simon Vouet's painting "The Muses Urato
and Calliope" (1634). Source: Wikipedia

The page only had a few short paragraphs about the mythology of Calliope, but it included a link at the bottom of the page to a page entitled "Muses in popular culture." That page didn't include information about Middlesex, either (maybe I should edit the pages?) but it did link to Hercules, which is my favorite Disney film.

The Hercules page gave all the information about the film, including its voice cast and the plot. I clicked on my favorite Disney princess, Megara (she is a princess, by the way -- Megara is the daughter of Creon, the king of Thebes). That link took me to the page about Megara, the Disney character, and gave me information about the character, her reception, and her voice actress -- Susan Egan, who was also the voice of Belle in the 1991 Beauty and the Beast Disney movie.

Comments

Popular Posts