Week 8 reading and writing

Overall, I'm really enjoying the reading assignments this semester. I appreciate that they're split up into two assignments -- being in 12 graduate hours, I have a lot of reading each week, and being able to spread it out over multiple days is very helpful to me. Additionally, having a story assignment on Thursday helps my brain get into "story mode" to help me write for my project and comment on others' writing over the weekend.

I'm happy with how my blog and project website look, although I'd love to do some creative projects on the side to make improvements if I have time (which, to be honest, feels unlikely). I hope to become more consistent with my writing; some weeks I have time to plan more extensively for my stories, while other weeks I have less time to really sketch out where I want my story to go.

Although I've only written an introduction for my project so far, I'm pretty proud of it. I worked a lot with an extensive outline, and even though the introduction doesn't actually include a lot of details, I feel that I set it up well to write my future stories and gave a good segue into those stories. There is always room for improvement, though, and I'm certainly not blind to that! I am my own biggest critic, after all.

So far, my favorite readings have been the one related to Greek mythology. (If I haven't made it clear yet, I really love Greek mythology.) I also really love the African folktales we've read, because I grew up reading African folktales and it's fun to read ones that are new to me. I think the reading notes are very helpful for me, too, because they force me to analyze the readings more deeply than just the plot on the surface, which subsequently makes me think of how I can make my writing about more than just the furthering of a plot.

My favorite image I've used so far: The Reunion of Cupid and Psyche by
Saint-Ours Jean Pierre. Source: Wikipedia

Comments

Popular Posts