Tech tip: typing test

This is the part where I come clean and admit that I'm a bit of a nerd and love to take typing tests just for fun. So I was excited to see this as an option for a tech tip!

The first test, from keyhero.com, gave me a speed of 79.69 words per minute with an accuracy score of 97.08 percent. The second test I took was from typing.com, and I got 79 words per minute with an accuracy score of 98 percent. It seems like the two websites were pretty accurate, or at least consistent with each other.

Normally my typing speed is closer to 90-100 words per minute, so I'm going to go ahead and blame my low score on my nails, which I just got done. Working as a journalist and in some PR and government jobs where I've had to write up a lot of memos and press releases, my typing speed is pretty quick. I also took a typing class when I was in elementary school, so I'm sure that helps! Meanwhile, my dad types with only two fingers, which kills me to watch. But he's still pretty fast considering, so I guess I'll let it go.

I agree that typing skills are pretty important to schoolwork and in the workplace. I've definitely applied to a few jobs that asked me to list my typing speed as a part of my application, so that's reason alone for me to keep practicing!

Comments

Popular Posts